Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ikea, Swedish for common sense ....

... too bad we didn't have any. Last weekend we went to Ikea to purchase the desktop for my new craft corner / atelier. I chose the Vika Gruvan (I pronounce it groov'in). Before waiting in line 20 minutes to pay for it, and another 20 minutes to pick it up, we should have taken the packaging dimensions from the information sheet out to the car with us to determine whether or not it would fit in the trunk. Guess what? It didn't fit. So another half hour spent in line returning it. My hubby, the darling that he is, picked it up for me today on his way home from the airport (removed the car seat and folded down the back seat - it fit). The Gruvan is sitting on top of two Ikea filing cabinets we bought a few years ago; Ikea no longer carries them. At the moment my craft desk is being used as 'little a's change table, but not for long!


No comments: