Thursday, May 15, 2008
Before I left on vacation I had prepared a couple of draft posts to show you some of the crafts I have learned in Paris. The pictures below are examples of cartonnage desk accessories. I won't be posting again for a very long while so don't bother checking in. Best wishes to you all - oh, I'm so sad.
guest bedroom #1
Friday, March 21, 2008
I used 'Wilton' t-shirt transfers which I purchased at Michael's when I was home for Christmas. The package instructions make it sound soooooo easy to print in 'mirror' image but the only way I could get a 'mirror' image was to work in Microsoft Publisher (apparently you can use PowerPoint too). I bet if I learned Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign which I have at home in Paris (I'm so spoiled) it would be even easier (by the time I learn the software my versions will be obsolete). The only instructions missing on the transfer packaging were the following:
1. Ensure you pass a lint brush over the desired transfer area as lint will be magnified under the the glossy finish of the iron-on transfer.
2. Ensure you wipe the back of your transfer to remove lint from it, as lint will be magnified under the glossy finish of the iron-on transfer.
Yup, you guessed it - I got lint stuck under the transfer - TWICE. Not only that, even before I washed the t-shirts the transfer already started to crack and after hand washing with cold water the ink bled onto the t-shirts. They're still really, really cute though and 'little a' LOVES THEM - that's all that matters.
FYI: The monogram font (vine monogram) is from font bros.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
I just finished 3 quick (well sort of quick) craft projects which I'll post as soon as I figure out how to upload pictures onto my dad's computer.
I only have two things on my list of things to do while I'm in Toronto:
- visit Carmi at the One of a Kind Show; and
- visit the new Honeybunch store which isn't too far from my parents' place.
It's good to be home.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
For the appetizer I made chèvre chaud (mixed greens with an olive oil / balsamic vinegar / dijon mustard dressing topped with toasted goat's cheese on baguette). It's so easy and it makes for a good presentation.
I bet you've figured out that by this point the only clean surface left in the kitchen was the stove top.
Next, the pasta dish. A's cousin Massimo (from Rome) gave me this receipe a few years ago. The ingredients call for tagliatelle pasta, freshly squeezed lemon juice, spinach, about 175grams of melted butter and lots of grated parmesan cheese. It tastes soooo much better than it looks in this photo.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
But wait. There's more, read on to follow the sequence of events.
You're all here ....
now you're all in there ...
'little a' doing her thing (3 times - yes there's a total of three winners!!!!!!)
and the two 2nd place prize winners are Glee-Scrap and Colleen. You both win a Marie Claire Idees, the mini Italian arts 2009 calendar and a print purchased in Piazza Navonna. Congratulations winners !Will Maggie, Glee-Scrap and Colleen please e-mail me at email@example.com to provide your mailing addresses. MERCI to everyone for participating; Ihad alot of fun and I'm already trying to think of another giveaway.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Sunday, March 2, 2008
- a 2009 mini calendar of Italian art
- a 'roman holiday' magnet of Audrey Hepburn riding a Vespa (weeeeeeeee - this is my favourite I wish I had bought one for myself)
- a Murano (venetian glass) pink heart pendant
- a print purchased in Piazza Navonna of Ristorante Panzironi located in Piazza Navonna
- a dishtowel with the limoncello recipe in Italian and English (I use these as mini tablecloths for picnics in the park)
- an Italian craft book on how to make wax-covered, bead embellished ornaments (I've never seen anything like this in North America - I just checked, the author is Italian)
- the current issue of Marie Claire Idees craft magazine (purchased in Paris not Rome)
To win this giveaway all you have to do is leave a comment and then 'little a' will pull the winning name from a bowl. Your odds of winning are very good. Buona fortuna a tutti !!!