Friday, March 21, 2008

i love these !

Our home printer in Paris is broken (has been for over a year!) so 'Big A' was going to print these t-shirt transfers for me at work. Oh no, turns out all his printers at work are laser, so it had to wait for our arrival in Toronto so I could use my dad's inkjet. Below is little a's monogram (AGM) and another t-shirt which says 'I'm 2 years old' in French.


I used 'Wilton' t-shirt transfers which I purchased at Michael's when I was home for Christmas. The package instructions make it sound soooooo easy to print in 'mirror' image but the only way I could get a 'mirror' image was to work in Microsoft Publisher (apparently you can use PowerPoint too). I bet if I learned Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign which I have at home in Paris (I'm so spoiled) it would be even easier (by the time I learn the software my versions will be obsolete). The only instructions missing on the transfer packaging were the following:

1. Ensure you pass a lint brush over the desired transfer area as lint will be magnified under the the glossy finish of the iron-on transfer.

2. Ensure you wipe the back of your transfer to remove lint from it, as lint will be magnified under the glossy finish of the iron-on transfer.

Yup, you guessed it - I got lint stuck under the transfer - TWICE. Not only that, even before I washed the t-shirts the transfer already started to crack and after hand washing with cold water the ink bled onto the t-shirts. They're still really, really cute though and 'little a' LOVES THEM - that's all that matters.

FYI: The monogram font (vine monogram) is from font bros.

1 comment:

Susan Williamson said...

Thank you for this post because it's something I have to try myself, and I've made a note of your list of tips.