Saturday, February 9, 2008

i'm on a roll

I have always wanted to take a peinture sur bois workshop (wood painting workshop) and today I finally did. 'Big A' spent the afternoon with 'little a' and I spent 6 hours away from my baby - the longest stretch of time we've every been apart. I arrived early and the shop was still closed so I strolled by my old office (hadn't been back in almost 2 years). I worked for an American interior designer who splits her time between Paris and California's wine country.

I went to buy a double chocolate éclair at the neighbourhood bakery, which has changed ownership, and I also learned that the gift certificate I have for the spa next door to the bakery is no longer valid since it's now an art gallery - alot happens in two years.

I took my éclair to La Place des Vosges and enjoyed the fabulous weather Paris has been experiencing this past week.

My class started at 2pm and I chose to paint a tray ....
grey ...
I added a wreath and my monogram and voilà, my plateau is finished. I hope to take a class once a month. I want to learn antique / aging finishes so I can paint lamp bases to go with my shades. Considering the last time I painted was in kindergarten, I'm very pleased with the result.

2 comments:

melissa deakin said...

hi franca!
yay!
i'm here!
love this tray.
it is gorgeous!
:)

L.R. M-J said...

uhm...yes please! J'adore, j'adore, j'adore le plateau! If that's your first attempt at painting since kindegarten, can't wait to see what you're doing at high school level...