Wednesday, February 20, 2008

look at what i got ...


in the mail today - cards from Curly Girl Design. They read:
  1. Tiara - "I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world."
  2. Vespa - "The world is full of people who will go their whole lives and not actually Live one day. She did not intend on being one of them."
  3. Yoga Girl - "One of the hardest things to realize," she said "is that our 'someday' is right now."

    My friend Carmi, who is a phenomal card artist herself and a Paris afficionado, owns a large canvas of 'Tiara'. Carmi will be the second person I tell about this blog and then I'll announce it to the world (well, my friends and family). When I was home in Toronto this past Christmas I stopped by Carmi's because I have been longing to take a 'studio' tour. Did I say studio in the singular? I meant to say studioS !!!! Yes, she has two enormous studios set-up for different functions - you name it - Carmi can do it. I met Carmi several years ago when I took a marble coaster class from her ...
(I transfer scenes from French vintage postcards onto to the tiles.)

... but I digress. She also has another room set up as her e-Bay store and a fourth room set up as an office and library for all her craft books - mon dieu !

This is Studio #1 - the original.
Then her hubby surpised her and moved his home office out of this space so she could also have Studio #2.
This is a shot of her e-Bay store - amazing ! Don't forget to click on the 'Atelier' label so you can be reminded of the size of my craft space. I went to Carmi's intent on buying some of her beautiful Paris themed cards but I was so awestruck by her studios that I completely forgot. Yes, I have an excuse to go back !
Now let's play a game. Six degrees of Carmi. There's a link on Carmi's blog to Honeybunch blog (Nicole from Honeybunch is Carmi's sister-in-law). I love reading Honeybunch and one day I saw a photo of a tissue pack which screamed 'Melissa' to me (the first person I told about this blog). I continued reading and sure enough Nicole went on to mention that she got the tissue pack idea from Melissa and she raved about her blog (much like I did). Oh, it's a small world after all, it's a small, small world.

1 comment:

melissa deakin said...

Franca,
What a small world...as soon as I read 'honeybunch', my mouth dropped.
I hope to make it to Nicole's new store one of these days...in fact just yesterday, she sent me directions.
I love your new blog banner.
And I had no idea you made that notebook you sent.
Wow...you are so incredibly talented!
Thinking of you...