Tuesday, February 5, 2008

oh happy day

I was birthday shopping for Big A this morning at les grands magasins (Printemps & Galeries Lafayette located on Boulevard Haussman behind the Opera Garnier ) and I couldn't resist running into Bouchara, a fabric store located nearby. I was excited to learn that they're reorganizing their store. Notions, ribbons, and clothing fabric will relocate from the 1st floor to the basement and all the home decorating fabric will leave the basement and occupy the much, much larger space on the 1st floor. Bravo Bouchara !! Bouchara's merchandising has changed alot in the 12 years that we've lived in Paris. When we first moved here Bouchara used to occupy the H&M and Mango stores located on Boulevard Haussman between Printemps and Galeries Lafayette. In those days, besides fabrics, Bouchara used to carry gorgeous tapestries, area rugs, enormous tassels .... all at amazing prices.

Take a look at what I bought. I already have plans for the black / white fabric, stay tuned, and I had to have this because of the lampshade motif. Happy birthday honey !

No comments: